Avocado is bursting with nutrients, offering lots of health benefits for you. People that consume it regularly are much healthier than other people as the body mass is kept low. So, check what this amazing fruit is good for, and you might re-think about its consumption:
- Improve digestion – fiber is needed for your diet to be balanced and the digestive system run smoothly, so avocados are packed with fiber. You will only need 13gr to get the 50% of the daily amount of fiber needed.
- Improve the absorption of nutrients – there are different ways through which we absorb nutrients as some are fat soluble, thus have to be combined with fat for assimilation in the body. Such are vitamin A, D, E, and K, along with some antioxidants. For improved absorption, you have to put half an avocado to a spinach salad, lettuce, and carrots for absorption of the antioxidants alpha-carotene (8 times), beta-carotene (13 times) and lutein (14 times better).
- Fights cancer – there was a study which showed that extract of avocado can stop or slow down the growth of prostate cancer cells, while another study discovered that it reduces the side effects of chemotherapy. Due to the studies being limited, you should consume avocado for the rest of its benefits.
- Control blood pressure – they are high in potassium as one fruit contains 28% of its daily intake. This mineral reduces the effects of sodium in our body that leads to lower blood pressure. If you want to balance things out you should think about lowering your fat intake because avocados have great amounts of fat.
- It is a source of healthy fats – this fruit contains monounsaturated fats which lower stroke and heart attack risks, as well as the levels of bad cholesterol.
- Important for expecting mothers – for a normal growth of the baby, pregnant women need to pay attention on what they consume. For that reason they should consume avocados because they are packed with vitamin B6, C, potassium, and folate. Vitamin B6 assists with the tissue of the fetus as well as its brain growth, also it eases morning sickness, and folate is great for the development of fetus in early pregnancy.
- Fight inflammation – chronic body inflammation leads to asthma, allergies, arthritis, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. For that reason avocado can help in fighting inflammation due to the oleic acid it contains.
- Lose weight – this is due to their nutritional value. Half of the fruit can help overweight people feel saturated. In this way you will eat less and feel stuffed after which the need for snack will be lowered 3 hours after eating.
- Prevents diabetes –blood sugar levels need to be balanced to prevent diabetes, thus consumption of avocado will regulate them. Moreover, it will not raise the blood glucose and insulin levels.
- Improving the mood – there is a connection between potassium and depression according to certain studies. Depressed men and women have low levels of potassium. If you consume avocados it might cheer you up because they are high in potassium and folate.
- Strengthen the bones – this fruit is packed with vitamin K, copper, and folate, thus its consumption will help you to build and retain strong bones. You can mix the avocado with other fruits and vegetables.
- Packed with nutrients – there are almost 20 vitamins and minerals in each serving. Of the recommended Daily Values it contains vitamin C (33%), B6 (26%), E (21%), K (53%), pantothenic acid (28%), copper (19%), potassium (28%), and folate (41%).
- Lowers cholesterol levels – high cholesterol levels lead to heart attacks, and other health issues. For that reason you have to consume avocados in order to reduce the levels significantly. Moreover, you will be able to lower blood triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and increase the good cholesterol.
- Protects the eyes – zeaxanthin and lutein are powerful in fighting macular degeneration. This is one of the leading causes of blindness. Consume avocados to acquire these ingredients.
- Relieves pain – the symptoms of arthritis or osteoarthritis can be reduced with the consumption of avocado. This is because the fruit offers anti-inflammatory benefits and also soothes other kinds of inflammatory-related pains and aches.